Reading: Just a reminder that reading books and diaries need to be handed in on a Friday. This is so I can leave them over the weekend for 72 hours before transferring between households. New books will be given out on a Monday which will link with our new book that we share in guided reading for the week. The guided reading books have the same sounds that the children will find in their book bag books and helps with continuity of learning between school and home.
Spellings: The children have been given their green homework files containing their spelling list for this week.
Year 1: The sound spelt n before g ‘ng’. The sound spelt n before k ‘nk’.
Year 2: The sound /j/ spelt with ‘-dge’ and ‘-ge’ at the end of words.
Homework: This week I’d like the children to look at the autumn picture on the page and answer the questions:
- What is the boy under the tree doing? How do you think he is feeling?
- What do you think the girl is saying to the boy?
- What game do you think the boy and girl are playing? Who do you think will win?
- Have you ever been to the woods before? Write what it was like, or what you imagine it would be like.
When writing, please encourage your child to write in full sentences e.g. I think he will be feeling…, I think the girl will say…, etc. avoiding one word answers.
Remember to include:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Finger spaces
- Writing on the line
- Correct letter formation
- Adjectives (WOW words/describing words)
- Beautiful presentation – we have been learning how to present our work neatly. If we make a mistake we put one neat line through it (no scribbling) and write the correction next to it (we don’t encourage rubbing out).
I have also included a word search on the back as I know some children really enjoy doing these. This is not essential but intended as an extra fun activity if your child wishes to complete it.
Homework files are due back in on Wednesday 21st October 2020 – I’m sorry this is a day earlier than usual but I would like to give out holiday homework for October half term.
At the beginning of the school year, the children and I discussed a fun afternoon (last day of term) they could earn if they had 3000 Dojo points. Dojo points are given out in class for a range of different reasons e.g. good behaviour, working hard, manners, helping others, etc. We have got over 2000 points so far and I am positive they will achieve this by Thursday PM. As a treat they have decided they would like to watch a film and have popcorn/sweets.
Have a great weekend!