I hope you have all had a good week, thank you to those who emailed me their super stories. I hope you all enjoyed your mini-beast hunts.
Daily tasks on a weekly basis:
Please ensure that your child completes the following activities on a daily basis: reading, times table practise, spelling practise, Education City activities including Maths and Science.
Also, please ensure that your child completes two grammar activities from Education City. I am aware that they may have to repeat a grammar activity, however this will be good reinforcement.
This week, I would like you to learn the names of all 7 continents of the world. Then for each continent, choose one country to research and learn about. For that country I would like you to find out:
- The name of its capital city
- A famous landmark within that country
- 3 key physical features within that country
- Sketch a picture of the famous landmark
This link is a very useful resource. Throughout the next three weeks you need to work through the activities. Below is a timetable of how you may want to do the activities.
• Day 1: To read the text. Amazing Aliens pg 4-5
• Day 2: What do the words means? Alien Comprehension!
• Day 3: Help! I’ve seen an alien! pg 7
• Day 4: The ‘Talk like an Expert’ game pg 8-9
• Day 5: Alien Headlines pg 10-11
• Day 6: When? Who? What? Why? Where? openers
• Day 7: Crazy Quotes
• Day 8: pg 14 https://soundcloud.com/talkforwriting/aliens/s-3RghCAYVqBs
• Day 9: Your Log pg 15-16
• Day 10: Explain please
• Day 11: Write Away!
• Day 12: I want to go there!
• Day 13: Let’s innovate
• Day 14: Let’s publish!
• Day 15: Invention
• Day 16: Invention
Continue to use White Rose Maths on a daily basis. This week please attempt Summer Term – Week 2. https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
Good luck everyone.