Another busy week for Class 1!
This term our topic is ‘Once upon a time’.
This week our story focus has been The Three Little Pigs.
In Literacy we have been retelling the story in our own words, using our phonic knowledge to help us recognise and write the sounds.
This children have also enjoyed singing along to this song.
In phonics this week we have learnt the sounds – recapped all set 1 sounds.
Below is a link to a sheet to help you with the rhymes for each sound to help your children at home.
This week in maths the children have been recognising amounts to 5 and practising number formation.
We are also in full Christmas nativity practise mode! The children are doing an amazing job and cannot wait to show you the big show on Monday 11th December at 2pm! We have been learning about the nativity in class and dressing up too.
Snap shots from the week:
Your child has been given a reading record and they have chosen a book from the book corner to bring home to share with you. Please share this book with your child, reading the story and talking about what is happening. Once you have done this you can comment in their reading record. Please write the date, book title and a comment for example about how they have got on or if they have enjoyed the story. Reading to your children is very important and we encourage you to do it as much as you can.
- Please return book corner books every Monday and then the children can choose a new book to take home that week. Certificates are given out in assembly for reading regularly at home.
- If you send a morning snack in for your child please ensure that it is a healthy snack
- Forest School – No more forest school until Spring term.
- PE days – MONDAY AND TUESDAY
- On Friday parents can come into class when the door opens and share a story with their child.