I would just like to welcome Mrs Hayward to Squirrels class who is a student teacher. Mrs Hayward will be working in Squirrels class until 26th March and the children have made her feel very welcome this week!
The children who have put their books in the basket this morning have had their books changed ready for half term. They have also been encouraged to bring home a book of their choice from the book corner. This may be too easy, too difficult or just right for them however it is their choice which one they would like to share with an adult at home.
Homework for half term is to either write a recount about their holiday OR to write a story (this can be any story as we have been writing dragon stories in class). Please encourage your child to use pre-cursive, neat handwriting and to write neatly on the lines with finger spaces. We have been learning to use all of the following techniques to make our writing amazing:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Adjectives (describing words)
- Conjunctions and, but and because (to extend sentences)
- Full sentences (reading regularly to check they make sense)
- Simile (comparing something to something else e.g. the tree was as tall as a mountain)
- Punctuation ( ! , ?)
- Using phonics (sounding out) to help spell words correctly)
I hope you all have a lovely, restful half term and I look forward to seeing you all soon!