We are very excited today to be able to tell you that the Summer Primary School Sports Festival will now go ahead, re-badged as the #VirtualSTWSchoolGames
Attached you will find a PDF with all the information on what is happening and how you can get involved. But here are the headlines…
- #VirtualSTWSchoolGames is a competition for any primary school age children across Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin
- It is being launched today (12th May) with a press release, emails to all primary schools in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and updates on the @EnergizeSTW Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts
- Then in the six weeks from week beginning 18th May to 22nd June, six sport-specific personal best challenges will be released, one each week
- We are looking for children to enter by sending videos and photos of them undertaking the challenges (all with parental / carer consent) whether they are at home or at school
- Along with the sport-specific personal best challenges we are also looking for talented acts for our virtual opening ceremony and are inviting children to send videos of them performing their talents.
- The week beginning 29th June will be Shropshire Homes Virtual School Games Celebration Week and we will kick it off with the ‘virtual’ warm up and opening School Games has Got Talent acts
- We will review all entries that week and announce winners for each challenge on Friday 3rd July
We hope you will get involved – this is a great opportunity for children across the County to get active, have fun and get recognition with participation certificates, and winners’ medals, wrist bands and t-shirts.
If you have any questions please do let me know and I look forward to seeing all your entries 😊