The Department for Education has asked schools to support the track and trace process during May half term holiday. This is only for pupils who have been in school on either Thursday 27th May or Friday 28th May.
Should your child who has been in school on the above dates develop symptoms on Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th, please follow these procedures:
- Contact the school admin email address on firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us your child has symptoms and also whether they were in STARs on either Thursday 27th or Friday 28th May.
- Arrange for your child to be tested.
- Contact admin via email with the results of the test so school can notify possible contacts.
- You and your family must self-isolate if you receive a positive result.
- If your child develops symptoms on Monday 31st May or after, you are responsible for contacting ‘Track and Trace’ and do not need to let us know.
- Should this result in you or your child having to isolate, please let us know when we return to school on Monday 7th June 2021.
Please see latest information from DFE guidance regarding holidays abroad.
Information for schools and colleges on international travel and children travelling abroad
The government announced that from Monday 17 May, international travel can gradually resume as destinations are added to England’s ‘green list’. You may wish to remind parents that people should not travel to ‘amber’ and ‘red’ countries, and that strict rules on testing and quarantine remain in place to protect public health and the vaccination programme. Further information can be found in the guidance on red, amber and green list rules for entering England.
Given the complexities attached to international travel at this stage of the pandemic, we recommend schools do not go on any international visits this academic year up to and including Sunday 5 September 2021. The position beyond Sunday 5 September will be reviewed again in advance of Step 4.
Further information on rules around international travel can be found in the Department for Transport guidance on travelling abroad.