Occasionally, it’s interesting to see what this day in history is remembered for.
Today is the anniversary of:
The opening of the Channel Tunnel (linking England and France)
World’s first adhesive postage stamp, the Penny Black, is first used in Great Britain
Roger Bannister becomes the first person to run a mile in under 4 minutes
Some questions linked to these anniversaries.
- How long is the Channel Tunnel?
- How many passengers have been through it since it was opened?
- Who was the Prime Minister and who was on the throne when the Penny Black was released?
- How long did it take Roger Bannister to run the mile?
- Who was his time keeper and what is he famous for?
- Add up the years in which all these happened. What is the total?
Today’s BBC Bitesize looks at adding and subtracting of fractions, relative clauses and plant reproduction. Enjoy!https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zncsscw/year-6-and-p7-lessons/1